Our first Convention was held in 1908 at Conneaut Lake Park and the Hotel Conneaut. W. H. Cover of Sharon was elected the 1st President. The organization was founded by a group of Western PA Funeral Directors that were discontent that the State Convention was only held in Harrisburg and it was too hard to travel that far to see the displays of merchandise.
The convention was always held the third full week of June at Conneaut Lake Park until the Park was in bankruptcy and closed in 1995. We moved to Avalon Hotel and Rainbow Gardens in Waldameer Park in Erie in 1995.
The first Golf outing was added to the convention schedule in 1993.
In June 1999, we moved the Convention Headquarters to Bel-Aire Hotel in Erie, while the Exhibits remained at Rainbow Gardens.
In June 2008, displays were consolidated into Bel-Aire Hotel ballrooms so that all events were held in one location.
In June 2012 we moved to the larger, more accommodating Ambassador Conference Center and Hotels.